Are you wondering if that INTP in your life has a crush on you?
It can be difficult to decipher their emotions, as they are known for their logical and analytical nature. However, there are some subtle cues that can give away their true feelings.
In this article, we will explore how INTPs show affection, how they flirt, and how you can tell if they have a crush on you.
So, buckle up and get ready to dive into the mind of an INTP when they like someone.
When An INTP Likes You
When an INTP likes someone, they can’t help but obsess over them. They will analyze every detail about the person, from their likes and dislikes to their hobbies and strengths and weaknesses. This is a massive indication that they have a crush on you.
However, INTPs will never be straightforward about their feelings. They tend to walk around corners trying to decipher your personality and get nervous and anxious around you. So, the best way to know if an INTP likes you or not is simply by talking to them and taking the initiative yourself.
INTPs are masters at dissembling logical frameworks, and when they are interested in someone, they take the time to make sure their love interest understands concepts. They are gentle teachers to those they are interested in, moving you through content at your pace.
If an INTP likes you romantically, they will crave physical touch but may be shy about initiating it. They will create a circle around themselves and the person they like, talking about things “they” did together or bringing up conversations they had so that other people start seeing them as a pack.
INTPs also have a great sense of humor and will try to come off as funny and witty. They may blurt out random puns that might even be slightly offensive (not that they mean to be rude).
Finally, if an INTP likes you, they will try to talk to you constantly. They crave conversations in which they can show off their intelligence, wit, or randomness. If they find almost any excuse to talk to you, make time to text you, or carve time in their schedule for you, that’s definitely a hint.
INTP Personality Traits
INTP personality traits are unique and fascinating. These individuals are known for their massive brainpower, logical thinking, and independent nature. They tend to fall in love slowly and prefer to take their time when it comes to committing to a relationship.
INTPs are driven to make sense of things, whether they be tangible or in the abstract realm. They tend to be cautious when it comes to expressing their emotions and may struggle with recognizing their own feelings. This can lead them to take things slow in the early stages of a relationship until they truly feel comfortable and secure.
When an INTP does fall in love, they will go all in and be deeply devoted partners, as long as their need for autonomy is respected. They tend to cherish true love and prefer long-term, monogamous relationships that masquerade as friendships over flashy types of romance.
One of the most significant INTP personality traits is their ability to dissemble logical frameworks. When an INTP is interested in someone, they will take the time to make sure their love interest understands concepts. They are gentle teachers who will move at your pace.
INTPs may struggle with making eye contact, especially when they are not emotionally invested in someone. However, if an INTP likes you, they may make a considerable effort to show interest by making eye contact or attempting to showcase their intellectual depth or unusual talents.
How INTPs Show Affection
When an INTP shows affection, they do it in their own unique way. They are not the best at expressing emotions verbally or through physical contact, but they show their love through actions.
One of the primary ways INTPs show affection is by spending quality time with their loved ones. They prefer one-on-one time to group hangouts, so if they ask you to hang out just the two of you, it’s a clear indication that they care about you. They will take an interest in what you’re interested in and get to know you in a genuine and authentic manner.
INTPs also express their love by being supportive and loyal to their partners. They show interest in what their partners like and give gifts that are both useful and personalized to the person. When they do give gifts, it’s because they know the other person is going to like it. They don’t give generic presents on birthdays or holidays; instead, they do their due diligence to find out what their partner really wants.
Another way INTPs show affection is by being a gentle teacher to those they are interested in. They take the time to make sure their love interest understands concepts and moves them through content at their pace.
Finally, INTPs show affection by being there for their loved ones. When an INTP cares about someone, they care deeply. They will attend events you invite them to, initiate plans, and suggest meeting for coffee or going for a walk together. All of these acts show that the INTP is willing to let go of some of their precious physical energy to spend time with you because time with you feels more valuable than losing a little bit of energy.
INTP Flirting Style
When it comes to flirting, INTPs are not known for being smooth or traditional. In fact, many INTPs claim that they don’t flirt at all. However, this doesn’t mean that they are not interested in their crush. INTPs have a unique way of showing their attraction, and it’s important to understand their flirting style if you want to know if they like you.
INTPs are not the type to initiate conversations with people they don’t know well, but when they like someone, they will make an effort to communicate with them regularly. They may send you memes or funny stories that they think you will enjoy, or engage in deep conversations about topics that interest both of you. They use humor as a way to connect emotionally with their crush, and their dry sense of humor can be a sign of flirtation.
Physical touch is also important for INTPs when they like someone, but they may be too shy to initiate it. They may try to create opportunities for physical contact, such as sitting closer to you or finding excuses to touch your arm or hand. INTPs are also known for being gentle teachers, so if they are interested in you romantically, they may take the time to explain complex concepts or teach you something new.
When an INTP likes someone, they will often try to form a connection by creating a sense of exclusivity. They may talk about things “they” did together or mention conversations that only the two of you had. This is their way of signaling to others that they see the two of you as a pair.
Finally, if an INTP likes you, they will make an effort to spend time with you and prioritize your company over others. They may invite you to hang out with them alone or introduce you to their friends as someone special. INTPs value alone time and intellectual stimulation, so if they are willing to share these things with you, it’s a clear sign that they like you.
Signs An INTP Likes You
Here are some signs that an INTP likes you:
1. They start conversations with you just for the sake of speaking with you. They enjoy talking to you and will make an effort to keep the conversation going.
2. They try to introduce you to things they like. If they show you a series they are obsessed with, a field of science they are interested in, or even a song they can’t stop listening to, it’s a good sign that they want to have even more connections with you.
3. They share how they feel. INTPs are known for being private and not very aware of their emotions, so if they choose to let you know when they are feeling down, angry, or happy, it means they trust you a lot.
4. They include you in their future plans. INTPs welcome only certain people into their plans, free time, and future projections. If they suggest walking home from school every day at the same time or suggest hanging out, it can mean a lot.
5. They crave physical touch but may be shy about initiating it. They will create a circle around themselves and the person they like and talk about things “they” did together or bring up conversations they had so that other people start seeing them as a pack.
6. They smile and laugh when you speak because they listen attentively. They will try to make the person they like part of the conversation, asking for their opinion or saying their name.
7. They overanalyze everything. Their Fe is horrible when it comes to noticing clues and signs that the person they like likes them back, so they are always analyzing gestures, smiles, and even glances trying to find a meaning because they feel so lost.
8. They try to come off as funny and witty. They may blurt out random puns that might even be slightly offensive (not that they mean to be rude).
9. They find almost any excuse to talk to you and make time to text you or carve time in their schedule for you. If an INTP likes you, they will try to talk to you constantly.
If you notice these signs from an INTP, it’s likely that they have a crush on you. However, keep in mind that INTPs can also be friendly and enjoy spending time with people without having romantic feelings towards them. The best way to know for sure is by talking to them and taking the initiative yourself.
Misconceptions About INTPs And Relationships
There are many misconceptions about INTPs and relationships that can lead to misunderstandings and false assumptions. One of the most common misconceptions is that INTPs lack emotions and are not capable of forming deep connections with others. This is far from the truth, as INTPs can be deeply emotional and passionate about their interests and relationships.
Another misconception is that INTPs are not interested in romance or intimacy. While it is true that they may struggle with maintaining intimate friendships, they often seek romantic partners who can serve as their closest friend, confidant, and source of support. However, they can be particular about their choice of partner and seek those who are intelligent, creative, and interested in personal growth.
It is also a misconception that INTPs are not affectionate or attentive partners. While they may struggle with initiating physical touch, they can be deeply caring and attentive to their partner’s needs. They may also have a great sense of humor and enjoy making their partner laugh.
Finally, it is a misconception that INTPs are not interested in making plans or following schedules. While they may prefer to live in their heads and focus on intellectual pursuits, they can appreciate a partner who settles the mundane for them. However, they may not be as skilled at planning or following schedules as other personality types.
Tips For Dating An INTP
If you’re interested in dating an INTP, be prepared for a unique and unpredictable experience. Here are some tips to help you navigate the relationship:
1. Give mind to the mundane: INTPs love the world of ideas, but they can often become lost in their own thoughts. Show your concern for them by taking care of everyday tasks such as paying bills or planning thoughtful dates.
2. Don’t debate with your partner: INTPs enjoy intellectual discussions, but their partner may not share the same level of interest. Find other peers to have these types of conversations with and be aware that your partner may only be able to stay interested for a short while.
3. Follow through on your words: INTPs tend to procrastinate on mundane tasks and may make promises they don’t keep. Create a system for yourself to follow through on commitments, such as using a to-do list or Post-it notes.
4. Be open-minded: INTPs are driven to make sense of things, whether they be tangible or abstract. They will want to share their knowledge with you, so try to be open-minded and willing to learn from them.
5. Make time for their interests: INTPs will show interest in their partner’s hobbies and interests, even if they don’t share the same passion. Show them that you care by taking an interest in what they love.
6. Be patient with physical touch: INTPs may crave physical touch but can be shy about initiating it. Be patient and understanding if they take time to warm up to physical intimacy.
7. Initiate conversations: INTPs love conversations where they can showcase their intelligence and wit. If you find almost any excuse to talk to them, they will appreciate it and make time for you.
Remember that dating an INTP can be a unique and rewarding experience if you’re willing to put in the effort to understand them. Be patient, open-minded, and willing to learn from them, and you may find yourself in a fulfilling relationship with one of the most intelligent and interesting personalities out there.